Pepper fried rice is really easy to make and adds an extra flavour to your meal. Fried rice is best made with yesterday’s boiled rice but make sure you cook it through!
1. In a large pan or wok, heat the oil on a medium heat and add the garlic and peppers. Cook until they are soft, around 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the cooked rice to the pan, stirring gently. Cook through until piping hot (important!).
3. In a jug, crack one egg and mix well with a fork.
4. Add the egg to the pan and stir, coating the rice.
5. Make a well in the centre of the rice and break an egg into it. Wait 30 – 45 seconds to let it set and then stir in. This will give you the characteristic chunks of egg famous in fried rice.
Serve with the dish of your choice!
It’s easy to add more flavour to this dish to make it a satisfying main course. Why not try making the Char Siu recipe (click the button below) and chop it finely, then add it to the pan before you add the rice. Chop up a couple of spring onions and add them when it’s cooked, and season with soy sauce. Delicious!
You can add any meat to this dish before you add the rice. Make sure it’s thoroughly cooked through and add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Then add the rice and cook as shown above. It’s special because it’s any additional ingredient you like!